Sunday, September 4, 2011

Barbara Muller weblog - Choices

As of January 2011 is Barbara Muller, author of The Baby Planner, a weblog on Peuteren.nl, surrounding the creation of a family. Every week she gives you a glimpse into her life, how she is processing, progress, pitfalls and triumphs.

A choice may determine the rest of your life. Is that why it sometimes so scary to make decisions? But what I have often advocated. And always there was that little voice that whispered to me kindly but firmly that it was better to leave everything as it was. "Why throw away old shoes before you have new? It's not a bad man? Single mother, is not that pathetic? To focus on a family in Dordrecht? Not exactly logical with all the cuts in child welfare. Cancel your paid job to become a writer? Keep on dreaming. Besides, suppose you dependent on one another, that's not for you. Since I know you long for. "Indeed, my own" Jiminy Cricket "is now for 38 years. All this time I'm in two minds when it comes to choices. My flaw is that my immediate surroundings, read my parents, Willie seems to sponsor. They always agree with him and would prefer that I firmly hold on security and especially take too many risks in life. For suppose that I'm undermine. Luckily my two long struggle and never win my (own) the wisdom of the voice. Looking for my trick? I have taught myself what to name my greatest fear. Besides some negligible fears as fear of being alone, fear of failure and afraid to groveling back to "I came from something much more interesting. I'm afraid later, just before I close my eyes forever, one last question of my daughters to have to answer. "Mom tell me, where have you regret when you look back on your life?" Then I know now what my answer. "I do not regret all the challenges I entered. However, I regret the things I fear not done. What beautiful things there did not arise. "When my friend recently for the umpteenth time his desire for expansion of the family shared with me, he helped me subtly recall that particular question. Here I must explain myself further. With us will not become pregnant naturally. I have hormones, punctures and other such nuisances need. With a chance of one in three for the best. Suddenly the sky cleared. "You're right, if we want to go, then we should do now. I am 38 years, is not very old on the school run. So this is the time. Bravely we left for a first intake with a new IVF clinic. Because I suppose at the end of the day my two children to bed, I sit, while the three might have been. What have I missed or not?

No comments: